The Love of Keeping Home

Friday, February 10, 2012

Lord, how I spend this day shows what I believe.
At the end of the day, will I have lived in a way that says I am Yours?


When it's cold outside and snowing...

how will I spend this day? There is a special day coming up right around the corner...there are 28 little second graders expecting deliciousness in a few days and 32 fifth graders (oh my!)...I have new cookie tins just beckoning me to break them in...
There is six pounds of butter from Costco calling from the 'fridge...cute heart shaped sprinkles wait patiently in the pantry...powdered sugar is occupying the pantry shelf and it certainly cannot wait until next Christmas, oh no! So what is this quite northern southern belle going to do?
First, I'm going to fill my cup with hot coffee...


Second I'm going to give you an early Valentine's day gift...this beautiful mix of roses! Viola!

Then I'm going to grab my favorite most appropriate apron for a job like this...

oops sorry, I got side tracked...but isn't he cute??? Okay back to work...
Another distraction...my Anna cat...we love her!
Third, pulling my favorite cookie cookbook from the shelf and find that marvelous sugar cookie recipe...(it's actually my friend Jennifer's, but I keep it inside this adorable book...she's a brilliant cook!)

Set the oven for 350 to preheat while I am mixing the dough...


Uh-Oh, I have to grab my best little helper...this simply cannot be done with out a little cherub...

There she is! Perfect...lets continue, shall we?

Sweet! Just like you. Hope your day is filled with love and joy. I just love snowy cold days like this one! Enjoy.