The Love of Keeping Home

Wednesday, April 18, 2012


What is it then, that I've been up to?


This weekend is Spring Delight.
I have been dilegently searching
for beautiful tablescape inspirations.

I am really feeling blues and damask with yellow
as the accent.
But there is SOO much to choose from.
I should have hosted two or three tables :)
One doesn't seem to be enough.


The Montana Women's Run is vastly approaching.
I do it every year for the past 11 years only skipping a couple.
Although "run" has been debated as I've usually toted a stroller and walked briskly. But this year I really want to "run." Except my sister and friend are both expecting so I am going to briskly walk. Besides, running hinders my ability to talk as much.
Walk? I think SO!


Another project I've been working on is... packing!
Yikes. The last two weekends, my husband and I have
moved his parents into a new home and last weekend his sister's family moved into their new home. Now this weekend I am packing our home.


While we are leaving MT for the summer, we will
return, only to a different home.
We are kind of tired of our busy little street and we are looking forward to a really quiet slower neighborhood with a really big backyard. That way ms. Hailey and daddy can kick the soccer ball without window damage :)


I've been working on several writing projects since last year. I am finshed with one, now I'm just wrapping up the illustrations. The other project will be completed and ready for publication this summer. I have deadlines and I'm trying desperately to meet them! That is why after this weekend's Spring Delight I am removing myself from the "social" grid (well let's be honest, less commitments at least) and dedicate my time to these daunting but exciting projects :)


I've also begun freelance writing. This is where various publications: magazines, blogs, websites ect. ask (if they like my work) if I'd like to feature in their publications.
It is soooo much fun. I guess some editors came across this journal thing and sort of enjoyed some of the entries.
Thus, it went from there.


Everyday since I began to talk and recite the abc's, I have had 10 stories in my head just be-bopping around on a daily basis just ready to get out. I have to put them to paper or I will bust! So this is becoming a great dream of mine and a wonderful outlet.


If you have dreams then try to achieve them. Don't let your life pass you by living in the mundane if your not content.
At well past 20 something I have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up. It's never too late!


~If you can think it, you can dream it! You can make it!~

Also, I will be going to school for my psychology degree. I am soooooooooo super duper excited. I've never been to college and the idea is very thrilling!! So, in 7ish years time I will be a psychologist/couselor. (hey I won't yet be 40)!Something that God has been preparing my heart and path for a very long time.

Okee-dokee, empty boxes are calling. I need to fill them. Ugh I am so good at procastinating. But this little skill doesn't benefit me. :(

~Have wonderful day!~